We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Integrity – We do what is right.
- Partnerships – We work together.
- Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
- Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
- Community – We build community.
Here's How We Work:
Our Calgary office offers services in Engineering, Planning, Architecture and Landscape Architecture with projects ranging across Canada. This position would be within the Civil Engineering department providing CAD drafting and design for both private land development and public sector infrastructure projects. Our projects range from small site plans (DP's and DSSP's), to large subdivisions, and public roadway, transit and infrastructure projects.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Participate on various project teams to coordinate and assist with a wide variety of municipal, residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects, including functional servicing, preliminary, conceptual/schematic and detailed designs
- Work independently in conjunction with Project Management and Engineering staff, senior CAD staff, and other disciplines to develop, co-ordinate and prepare designs for a variety of Civil Engineering projects
- Prepare detailed design drawings for land development and municipal projects, including underground and surface infrastructure
- Assist in the identification of design constraints and conflicts and help identify unique solutions to engineering challenges
- Prepare final contract drawings for municipal approval, tender and procurement; and, Complete detailed quantity take-offs for cost estimates and tender preparation.
You'll Need to Have:
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology
- Registration as a CET, or eligible for registration
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of design/drafting experience in municipal engineering design
- Experience with design of underground sewer and water infrastructure
- Experience with site grading design/modeling, cut/fill plans, and road design
- Strong working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, resourceful and team-oriented, with proven track record
- Knowledge of stormwater management and low impact development strategies would be a benefit
- Effective communication in the English language (verbal and written); Ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines
- Must have a strong aptitude for learning and growth
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of the team.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.