Telesat is a leading global satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company’s state-of-the-art fleet consists of 16 GEO satellites, the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1 and one Phase 1 LEO satellite, which is the start of Telesat,’s planned advanced global LEO satellite constellation that will offer ultra-low latency, extremely high throughput, and affordable broadband services. Telesat is also a leading technical consultant providing high value expertise and support to satellite operators, insurers and other industry participants on a global basis. Privately held, Telesat’s principal shareholders are Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems, the co-op student will help enhance and maintain Telesat’s intranet web sites. As well, this position will help with reporting requests across various data sets.
How you will contribute:
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing Telesat Intranet sites
- Develop and maintain corporate reports
- Work with the help desk on requests as required
- Develop software code in accordance with established company standards and development guidelines.
- Perform adequate unit testing of own application development work. At a minimum, unit testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Provide updates to Manager on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially influencing the on time completion or quality level of work.
- Complete project responsibilities including design, coding, unit testing, and documentation on time at required quality level.
Education & Experience Required
- Experience with SharePoint 2016 on premise and online
- Knowledge of SSRS Reporting
- Programming experience using C#, VB.net, ASP.net, Java, Python
- Experience with web services
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA and pivot tables would be an asset
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other departments and stakeholders
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).