Amcor Rigid Packaging
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates day to day operations of the facility in an industrial organization. Manages local scheduling and real-time operations that facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties :
- Reviews production orders/schedules/reports to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates and/or resolve operational, manufacturing and delivery issues.
- Plans production to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture with the goal of “Zero Injuries” in all areas of the plant.
- Assists in directing plant activities to achieve optimum utilization of machinery and equipment and maximum efficiency of operations.
- Assists in controlling and reducing scrap.
- Controls the financial spending of all departments.
- Recommends capital improvements which result in improved safety conditions, quality of finished product, value added, improved efficiency or reduction of plant variable or fixed operational costs.
- Develops or revise standard operational and working practices and observes to ensure compliance with standards.
- Manage the departmental managers/supervisors who, in turn, supervise department personnel.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring positive overall morale of the facility.
- Responsible for plant continuous improvement activities in all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Eight years related experience or the combined equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence and to present information and respond in group environments.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw value conclusions.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, forecasting, scheduling, real-time operations management and coordination of people and resources.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
- Management of Material Resources
- Production and Processing
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Corporate Management
- Plant Management
- Direct Reports
- Amcor co-workers
- Internal and External Customers
Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: None
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.