The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross’ operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT, Investor Relations, Exploration, Geology and Mine Planning, among others.Job Description
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Information Technology team as a Senior IT Business Analyst. The Senior IT Business Analyst will be a member of the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence within the Global IT Business Applications & Project Management Office (PMO) at Kinross Gold Corporation. The primary purpose of the role is to provide business analysis, project management and application support to Kinross Gold Corporation internal customers. This position will be based out of the Kinross Corporate Head Office, located in downtown Toronto. The successful individual will report to the Manager, Global IT Business Analysis and will work closely with various stakeholders to elicit, analyze and document business requirements and recommend solutions that deliver value.
- Provide business analysis services & support to Kinross stakeholders in accordance with the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence standards & processes
- Responsible for the management of business analysis initiatives & projects that are large in scale & highly complex
- Work closely with stakeholders to elicit and model their business needs and requirements
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts to develop and model solution designs
- Perform process modelling & analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Support the analysis, planning & execution of solution implementation
- Facilitate business & technical meetings to elicit requirements, conduct process walkthroughs, define solution designs, review functional specifications, implementation plans & other as required
- Manage requirements from inception to retirement
- Perform systems analysis & modelling as required
- Create, update & maintain business & technical documentation not limited to business requirements documents, design documents, process flows / models, data dictionaries, entity relationship diagrams, use-cases, user stories, personas, business cases, RFP, RFI etc.
- Perform pre-project business analysis to define & quantify problems & opportunities, identify a range of solutions, present cost-benefits & recommend a proposed course of action
- Prepare supporting documentation & manage competitive & non-competitive procurements pertaining to technology solutions
- Perform & facilitate end-to-end application testing, regression testing, end-user testing etc.
- Develop knowledge transfer & training materials
- Facilitate end-user training
- Provide operational application support
- Design, develop, test & deploy low-code micro applications
Education and Experience Education
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or Project Management
- Completion of formal academic training in business analysis is an asset
- Must have any of the following business analysis certifications: CCBA, CBAP, or PMI-PBA
- PMP designation would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience as an IT Business Analyst
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365, ServiceNow, K2, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint 2016 & Online, Power Automate, SQL
- Ability to work & communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work independently & autonomously with minimal direction if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English Language
- Language skills in Russian, French, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese are assets, but not mandatory
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.