Do you want to be part of our successful business supporting the Business Development and Bids function for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are looking for a talented Senior Proposal Writer to join our team.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Proposals Writer with 5 years minimum post-graduate experience in a similar looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment.
As a Proposal Writer, you will write, edit and provide strategic input to proposals across the country, leveraging internal relationships to secure the support and assistance of other staff required to complete proposals in a timely manner, consistent with corporate marketing and proposal writing standards and brand messaging.
You will also produce dynamic and compelling presentations and marketing materials to impress and motivate our clients to action. To be successful, the incumbent must be able to effectively lead the proposal/bid preparation process, demonstrate strong project management skills and strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. You will nurture highly collaborative internal client relationships with segment/service line professionals and SMEs to drive an integrated approach.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Promote and lead Turner & Townsend’s ‘Bid-to-Win’ process for critical pursuits, ensuring engaged participation from directors and SMEs to achieve high-quality deliverables.
- Partner with client-facing professionals to develop winning marketing strategies for new business development – supporting the strategy, development and production of custom proposals, bids, presentations, and other client deliverables.
- Compile and vet existing materials and draft original content for proposals and client materials, identifying compelling copy, themes/concepts and salient points that demonstrate value and expertise.
- Write and develop clear, persuasive proposal content (written and visual) that is technically correct and clearly conveys the proposal strategy, and provide final editing to ensure the response is accurate, concise, and effective.
- Control deliverables from inception to delivery, and communicate successfully with internal team members during the lifecycle of an assignment to ensure compliance with deadlines and requirements.
- Actively lead proposal strategy meetings, researching internal and external information, and distilling into clear win strategies.
- Identify risks associated with proposal preparation and ensure resolution.
- Participate in proposal debriefings to ensure continuous quality improvement and to identify enhancements for proposal content and process.
Market intelligence and content management:
- Support the production of marketing materials for relevant in-region execution of global campaigns and the development of localized copy for marketing collateral and Turner & Townsend global publications.
- Provide hands-on drafting and project management support for the development of a wide range of sales and marketing materials, including case studies, capability documents, service descriptions, team CVs/resumes, etc.
- Contribute best-in-class materials, content and final deliverables to internal content repositories (CMS).
- Support internal marketing initiatives and respond to requests for new marketing material and resources.
- Act as guardian of the Turner & Townsend brand ensuring consistency across the region.
- Quality controls: Ensure all work is performed on time, cost effectively and according to Turner & Townsend’s high-quality standards.
- Assist regional and global business generation and marketing teams, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in bid management and/or corporate marketing/communications, preferably within the construction consultancy, advisory, legal, architecture, or real estate industries.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in bid or proposal development is required.
- An ability to identify critical messages and unique selling points, and clearly and effectively communicate them, and to modify standard text to meet the specific requirements of each new assignment.
- Excellent project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Should be a self-starter and possess a strong ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to tight deadlines, with an ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional business writing, editing, and communications skills, very detail oriented.
- Creative thinker with an ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way, both written and verbally.
- Utmost in integrity, with a solid work ethic.
- Strong PC skills required. Expert in the use of Microsoft Office package, especially MSWord, Excel and Power Point. Creative Suite proficiency desirable.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.