The Fath Group is one of Edmonton’s largest family owned and operated road building contractors, with over 300 employees helping provide products and services throughout Edmonton and area. For over 60 years we have been delivering on large public and private sector projects.
We take pride in our services and our employees. We place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day. Safety is the core of our business and we support a safety culture, where we set high standards for our staff and the public. Our staff and the people in our community are paramount! We dedicate the FC Edmonton soccer team to our community and support several other charitable initiatives.
O’Hanlon Paving is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and driven Paving Foreman to work year round in a full-time capacity, in various locations throughout Edmonton.
- Lead and supervise a paving crew
- Encourage safety culture and lead by example in practicing safe work environment and quality on site
- Complete paving construction activities on company projects and meeting productivity goals
- Operating variety of paving equipment (such as Screed, Paver & Roller) and performing labour duties
- Provide effective leadership and training to the staff
- Ordering of equipment and materials
- Filling employee timesheets, safety reports, and other reports as required
- Supervising workers
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of experience of asphalt paving in road construction and minimum 3 years of experience in supervising crews
- Thorough knowledge of road construction for municipal and commercial sites including residential subdivision experience
- Ability to work continuously for prolonged periods of time under pressure
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license or above with a clean drivers abstract
- Strong working experience in paving roads & parking lots to acceptable engineering standards
- High attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently with little supervision
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to proficiently operate a variety of heavy equipment
- Must have valid safety certifications
- Some travel outside of Edmonton may be required
- We offer excellent wages and benefits
- You will have access to company truck
Why work for The Fath Group?
- Opportunity for year round employment
- Great team and amazing work culture
- Competitive wages
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits
- Make a difference for a safer construction industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.