VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We\'re dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and motivated Operating Engineer to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: Days, Monday to Friday
Office/Facility: St-Francois, Montreal
The Refrigeration Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient operation, maintenance and upkeep of the company’s refrigeration equipment, in a manner that minimizes interruptions in warehouse operations, ensures employee safety and always maintains customer product at required temperatures .
- Leads and promotes a culture where Health and Safety is the #1 priority. Provides leadership and support for Health & Safety initiatives within the department.
- Carries out daily checks on refrigeration equipment and makes necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Tours the warehouse on a regular basis to ensure the building is safe and supports the warehouse activities.
- Follows preventative maintenance programs to minimize disruptions in warehouse operations.
- Monitors and adjusts equipment to lower utility costs.
- Take alarm calls from the refrigeration system, outside of business hours and on weekends, to ensure that temperatures are maintained properly. (on call 1 week, out of 3).
- Enforces established safety, health, contamination and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries, lost production time, damage, and contamination of product.
- Operates within and promotes compliance with the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statues and legislation governing the workplace.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related role.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems is essential for this position.
- Must hold a valid B class or higher Refrigeration Operator Certificate (MMF Class B) preferably holds a class A Refrigeration Operator Certificate.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- Embraces change and has a continuous improvement philosophy.
- In depth knowledge of provincial regulations regarding operating engineering and refrigeration, elevating devices, building and fire code, local bylaws, environmental, labour, and health and safety legislation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude with a hands-on and team -oriented work style.
- Ability to work in temperatures of -30 degrees Celsius.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.