At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We’re looking for a COST ACCOUNTING ANALYST to complete Quebec Regional office team in Val-d\'Or.
Reporting to the Regional Controller – Quebec, you will act as the finance business partner for sawmill and forests operations under your responsibility.
You will also be responsible for producing financial analyses, reports and performing accounting tasks.
- Provide financial guidance and recommendations to the business key players for cost control, profitability improvement, continuous improvement and financial performance management.
- Participate actively to the monthly closing including preparation of the required journal entries and accruals, balance sheet accounts analysis, inventory reconciliations, financial reports and fixed assets reviews;
- Establish annual budgets and forecasts, work closely with the operations team to follow costs during the month in order to stay on control and meet budget expectations and provide recommendations to managers as needed
- Act as the finance point of contact and resource person for the local team and management.
- Be proactive and engaged with operations by regularly visiting production sites to learn about and address specific local requirements and be on top of current operations challenges
- Establish and analyze the financial impacts of capital projects, perform post-appraisal analysis to ensure successful achievement of expected returns
- Share best practices with other finance team members within the organization on tools, system utilization and processes
- Be responsible for other adhoc financial analyses and projects that may be assigned to you.
- Strong attention to detail as well as both technical and analytical skills.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to make information understandable and ability to work on a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and excellent customer service skills.
- Have a diploma or a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- A CPA professional designation would be an asset.
- Have minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role. An experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Be very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including in-depth knowledge of Excel.
- Have experience with an ERP system (SAP an asset).
- Mastery of written and oral English; knowledge of French an asset.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.