At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has an opportunity for a Soils Technician to join our Biophysical team on a seasonal contract. Frequent travelling is required for this role and may be based primarily in hotels. We encourage students and new graduates to apply.
An overview of your role will include:
- Participate in field-based projects
- Conduct soil data analysis including soil classification and inventory
- Assist with field work related to environmental construction monitoring
You will have a background in:
- Student or New Graduate from an Environmental Sciences diploma or degree
- Willing to travel and work outdoors in remote locations for extended periods of time (6 days on, 1 day off schedule)
- Previous experience in construction or agriculture industries is an asset
- Basic understanding of erosion and sediment control measures, and basic identification of soil types using the Canadian System of Soil Classification and AGRASID 4.0 soil information database
- Basic understanding of primary and secondary ecological succession and principles of land reclamation on forested and agricultural land uses
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in an atmosphere that requires cooperation and teamwork to provide quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- Strong oral and written communication skills in an industrial setting
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Eligibility for registration with the Alberta Institute of Agrologist (AIA) in-training program.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
Primary Location CA-AB-EDMONTON Schedule Full-time Employee Status Temporary Job Posting Feb 25, 2020, 8:09:02 AM